Thursday, February 16

last train home...

God, this day has been so long... I can't even remember how it started so I can write about it. Same old crap... class, class, then a break. I went out to grab a bite to eat (newly discovered curry-chicken buns from the chinese bakery - $1.10) and noticed that the weather was so gorgeous I'd feel awful about myself if I just sat in my office for an hour and a half. So I walked a few blocks over to the Strand, browsed their "18 miles of books", jotted down three titles and left without buying anything.

Back to the office for the faculty meeting, which was contentious in tone and long in duration. There were supposed to be "drinks" after, and sometimes when they say that they mean a full bar, but it was just beer and wine. Oh well, had some nice chats with my science colleagues. Somehow we always wind up in a bunch off in the corner. It's like the nerd table in the school cafeteria.

I never had my second cup of tea today. I hit my low at around 5:00... right in the middle of the meeting of course, but I'm actually feeling pretty ok now. Which is good, since I won't be getting home until 10:00.

I think the plan for tomorrow is to drag the kids (who are off Friday and Monday for "President's Day"... when the fuck did THAT become a 4-day weekend??) in to the city for a Museum day... probably the Met... it's been a while. I know the natural history museum will be packed with NYC kids who are off school... I'm hoping the art museums won't be too bad. I'm not sure yet if we're driving or talking the train. I'm sure I'll be TOLD the plan at some point... probably the last minute.

I can feel the free-associating starting to kick in. I should quit that.

I wish I had a movie on my computer to watch. You know... other than porn, I mean. Maybe I have an episode of South Park or something.

No comments: