Wednesday, February 15

it's almost possible to imagine relaxing...

I feel like I have a little bit of a breather for a few days. I know pretty much what I'm doing in Astro tomorrow, and I have off Monday, and then I have Astro again on Tuesday. So basically - a whole week off from my "hard" classes. Thank god.

I should take this time off to get ahead on my lectures and get caught up with my grading, and I will do some of that I'm sure, but right now... I think I'm going to take the night off. It seems like I should have loads to blog about, but... not really...

The women of NYC seem to be engaged in some sort of "Ugliest Galoshes" competition. It's been going on all winter, but this latest snowstorm was really intensified things. (Come to New York! It's a Slushapalooza!) I'm guessing that the point is, to wear boots so ugly and garish and brightly colored and weirdly patterned that it is clear to everyone around you that these boots are not part of your "outfit" nor are you trying to "look good"... you are merely trying to keep your feet dry. And doing so in a whimsically ugly way is just easier than trying to find attractive waterproof boots.

Anyway... I find them an affront to my eyes and a violation of my basic guidelines for footwear.


(--- insert train nap here ---)

Somebody asked for more political commentary here at Dr. Dave's. Really? Politics? Is there really anything that needs to be said anymore? Apparently Dick Cheney shot somebody, though... at least that's something NEW... something stupid we haven't seen before. I keep thinking... "Ok, THIS will be the one idiotic act of criminal incompetence that finally gets people to realize what a bunch of malevolent boobs they've elected to run the country." But nobody ever seems to fully appreciate this fact.

Boy this train ride seems much shorter when you sleep through 1/3 of it.

No comments: