picking up the pieces...
Well, kids... the Alone Time is over... the family should be home around 7:30 tonight. (**) I guess that means I need to take some time when I get home to de-bachelor-ize the house. There seem to be no small number of plates, pizza boxes, and chip bags scattered about. And socks.
Another crazy day... a hamster day...I won't go into it. I'll just allow that phrase to serve as shorthand from now on.
The basement is looking pretty good, I must say. Almost all the framing is done, so one can imagine what all the rooms are going to look like. The bedroom and playrooom are going to be huge. The office... so, so. But the workshop... too small. And the bathroom? Forget about it. I have NO idea how we are fitting a shower, sink, and toilet in there. If you had to leave one out, which would it be?
I added this new little cymbal to my rudimentary drumkit the other day. I don't know how drummers do it. It's like... if I could choose how many strings to put on my guitar, or... you know... I think I'm gonna leave the 8th fret OFF. Every time you get $100 rattling around in your pocket, your instrument changes shape, and there is some new thing to bang on now. I can't think of another instrument that has that kind of malleable architecture. I guess I'm just not cut out to be a drummer. (Evidence? I just used the phrase "malleable architecture"!)
Time to nap.
Dave
(**) Of course, it was snowing in Chicago today... I supposed there is always a chance they could get stranded there for another day. Oh! I shudder to think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment