not what you want to see first thing in the morning...
No classes today, but I have a lunch meeting, so I took the Boy to preschool, stopped by the Middle of Nowhere Café to pick up some tea, and then headed to the train station, where I was greeted by the sight of a freight car hanging off the tracks, half on its side, blocking the track on which the train I was planning on taking was supposed to run.
Hmm.
There was a whole transit clusterfuck milling about with cranes and yellow trucks and guys in reflective vests. I was beginning to think I might have myself an excellent excuse not to go to this lunch meeting, but they just brought my southbound train over on the northbound track - opened one door and made us all walk across the tracks.
A bit of an odd start to the day, but... pretty impressive that the whole delay amounted to no more than 10 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment